martes, 9 de septiembre de 2008

Santo Domingo to Vice








It is a little strange to pass Sept. 11th in a place where time stnds still. I only know dates of paydays and concerts. To think tht everyone will be subjected to hours of propaganda and forced to tell stories of 2001. I on the other hand realized the date because it is two buddies birthday (yan and Ian). I am in a very new phase of my service. I am in the process of getting funding for my projects, and AND I m getting it. So work is looking good.

I have been on the road seeing new places and visiting sites of successful volunteers. Finlly I made it to alta piura. The first four picutres of the road to nd Santo Domingo. Thier we visited a enviornmental volunteer who is closing her service in a couple of months. She was a replacement volunteer and after four yer it is amazing what they have accomplished. They have a waste management system in place. Including home pick up and a recycling center. I look t my community nd it is hrd toimgine the change. It is really beautiful there. The people re extremly beutiful in her small town. The hydrology there was also very interesting. s you can see in the second to last picture the clouds are in the valley below the town. during the day the sun heats up the clouds and the raise to block out the sun. During the night they cool and go bck down. For this it is known as a equtorial cloud forrest.
The lst photo is from the souther most mangroves one the pacific coast. We hve a volunteer there working with a group of healthy living premoters. It is also very beutiful there. They have lmost as many bird spicies as I do in my site. Mine are much pretier. His are all gulls. I hope everyone is getting back into school and ending the summer well. I will post again next week with some great pics from our secudariy schools anniversery. I am going to judge a beauty contest fridy.

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

Hi Matt,
I have just read your complete blog and I am in awe!! I was thrilled, worried, sad, inspired, entertained, proud, exhausted, .... I can't wait to hear more. Your old teacher and friend, Robin Knight